Tuesday 8 March 2011

Percy is ready to bring on

Percy is now fully broken in. He has galloped several times and does it well. He settles in nicely and is pretty straight for a youngster. We have popped over small logs in the woods and he does that without fuss. He has hacked all winter, mostly alone but more recently I have taken him out in different company. He behaved very well. He has a fantastic attitude, very bold and forward going. He is biddable and has to date only once point blank refused to do as I ask (go through a big muddy ditch). He will hack alone and is very trusting.

I have done no schooling with him other than to break him in. He is now ready to start his education properly, having built up a good trust in the human on his back! Sadly my circumstances have changed (due to a conman builder) and I think I will have to find a new home for him. I am so so gutted as he has turned in to a lovely horse and I think he will do really well with the right person. He really is a trooper. I might treat myself to a few lessons though as it would be beneficial to school him a bit before a potential loan home/buyer sees him. It will also prevent any bad habits developing!

I must get some video of him in the school......

No comments: